At Cortek, we specialise in steel framing solutions for all types of construction projects in Australia. Whether you are building a residential property, a retail development or a local school, we can design, manufacture and deliver steel wall framing that enables you to complete your project in the most efficient manner possible.
We have been producing high-quality steel wall frames since 2003 and, during that time, we have worked on a huge variety of construction projects in Australia. If you are looking for unrivalled expertise, short lead times and guaranteed quality, Cortek Framing is the manufacturer to contact.
A custom steel wall framing system designed by experts
Whatever your project, we can design and create a steel wall frame to your specifications in our purpose-built factory in Melbourne. Using advanced 3D modelling software and our in-depth knowledge of wall framing systems, we will create a solution that meets all of your requirements in full. We will work in close cooperation with your team from start to finish, ensuring the suitability of our solution for your project and making it easy for your construction team to understand how to approach the installation process once the wall frame has been completed and delivered to your site.
Durable, lightweight and fully compliant steel wall framing
As steel framing experts with decades of experience, we are very familiar with Australian standards and construction industry best practices. Our expertise enables us to produce durable, lightweight and fully compliant steel wall frames which perfectly meet our customers’ requirements. To ensure that the solutions we manufacture comply with all standards and regulations, each framing section is tested in our accredited laboratory. If you can’t afford to risk project delays due to the delivery of non-compliant components and materials, Cortek Framing is the partner you can trust.
Designing your steel wall frame
Before we start the design process in earnest, we will meet with your team to discuss all relevant specifications and requirements. Only once we have all the information we need will we start to design your wall frame. As mentioned above, we will work closely with you throughout the design process to ensure that every detail is completed in accordance with your specifications. By dealing with all potential issues at the design phase, we are able to avoid costly delays during the construction phase. It is far more difficult and time-consuming to resolve problems that occur during the construction phase of your project than it is to address them during the design process.
Fabricating your steel wall framing system
Once we have completed the design, we will deliver the layout plans and 3D models for your approval. Having received approval, these documents will be passed through to our manufacturing team and the manufacturing process will begin. The time it takes to create your wall framing system will depend on the scope of the project but we can tell you now that we offer some of the fastest turnaround times in the industry. Construction firms that work on developments where time is of the essence know they can rely on us to deliver on time, every time.
Delivery and installation
Having completed the manufacturing of your wall framing, we will prepare it for dispatch. We deliver all framing solutions directly to our clients’ sites, accompanied by full plans and documentation. If you have your own installation team, you will find that you have all the paperwork you need to get started as soon as the framing arrives. If you do not have an installation team on hand or you would prefer to have the work performed by a team of outside specialists, we can recommend a local, Cortek-approved contractor to handle everything for you.
Why choose a steel wall framing solution from Cortek Framing?
There are several very good reasons to use a wall framing solution from Cortek, the most important of which include:
- Easy onsite installation — Because all sections are prefabricated in our Melbourne manufacturing facility, there is no need for any additional preparation work once your framing arrives on site. Precision roll-formed to your exact specifications, each section will be ready to install.
- No wastage — When working with timber frames, it is necessary to inspect every section. Unfortunately, there is always a fair number that don’t meet the required standards. With our steel frames, there is no need for inspections and absolutely no wastage. All sections will already have been examined and tested at our facility and we will never send out anything that does not meet your specifications.
- Pre-cut service holes — There is no need to worry about drilling for plumbing and electrical services with a custom steel wall frame from Cortek. All service holes will be pre-cut at our factory, per your specifications.
- A lightweight solution — Pound for pound, steel is much stronger than timber, which means we are able to fabricate lightweight wall framing solutions that don’t compromise the structural integrity of the buildings in which they are installed. It also means that your wall frame sections will be easier to manoeuvre into place — helping to reduce the dead load of your building.
- Pest resistant and maintenance-free — Unlike wooden frames, steel framing does not need to be treated with preservatives or pest repellents. It can’t be damaged by borers or termites and is not susceptible to mould, dry rot or rising dampness. If you need a durable, maintenance-free wall framing solution, steel is the obvious choice.
Speak to us about your steel wall framing requirements today
You can call and speak to us during business hours on 1300 782 950 or contact us by email at any time to discuss your requirements. You are also more than welcome to get in touch if you have any questions about the services we provide for steel wall framing, steel roof truss solutions and steel floor joists in Australia. We look forward to hearing how we can help you.